Hire a BIKE with Us
Bike hire in Roy Bridge at Birchbank
We hire a range of mountain bikes, perfect for exploring the forest trails of Roy Bridge and a ride of Glen Roy. Our bikes are serviced after every rental to ensure they are working as if they were our own bikes for you. Due to the components on our hire bikes they are not suitable for downhill mountain biking if you are looking to do that type of riding then we recommend you try elsewhere to avoid disappointment.
The lightweight alloy frame makes it perfect to manoeuvre through commuter traffic or on an easy trail over a weekend
For commuting or leisure, this bike is a pleasure. This mountain bike is a great all purpose womens bike. Front suspension and all terrain tyres gives good traction on and off road.
This glow green mean machine of a mountain bike is the way to conquer those hills. Front suspension, or hard tail as it's also known. Great on climbs and sprints and smoother to ride on the flat.
The glory of Glen Roy National Nature Reserve (NNR) is that you can easily spot the pattern of the Parallel Roads and other Ice Age landforms.
We explore the beautiful but little-visited valley of Glen Roy to discover how ice ages have shaped the Highlands.
Highlights of the trip
Visit the famous ‘Parallel Roads of Glen Roy’.
See the evidence for a deep ice-dammed lake during the last ice age.
Learn how the landscape was shaped by ice and water
Understand how ice and water created the deep gorge of the River Spean
Learn about the origin and frequency of ice ages.
Visit the last Clan battlefield and learn about the lawless west.
Discover a secret meeting place of Catholics during times of persecution.
Terms & Conditions of Birchbank B&B Bike Hire
- Bicycle hire is subject to availability
- All bicycles are ridden at your own risk. Accepting the hire agreement is accepting full liability for any accident or injury to either the hirer or any third party. The hirer is at all times personally liable for any accident that they may cause or damage to people or property. Personal insurance cover is not included. We recommend you take out personal insurance cover prior to the hire period.
- The hirer must inspect the bicycle before accepting it for any damage or defects. Acceptance of the bicycle is acceptance that it is in good roadworthy condition. Any marks, damage or defects should be notified on the hire agreement form prior to signing. The hirer is responsible for returning the bicycle(s) in no worse condition than at the commencement of the hire period.
- The full hire fee must be paid on the return of the bike.
- Bicycles and equipment hired on a rental agreement remains the property of Birchbank B&B Bike Hire and if the equipment is not returned, or damaged beyond repair we reserve the right to charge the hirers for the full cost of the equipment and any loss incurred within a 1 week period.
- The hire fee includes helmet and lock. Any loss or damage of accessories will incur and additional charge.
- Please cycle sensibly, with respect for others and the natural habitat. Cyclists are expected to follow the Highway Code in particular the “Extra rules for Cyclists” (Rules 187-211)
- Anyone cycling in a discourteous or unsafe manner will have the equipment repossessed with no refund of hire charges.
- All bikes must be returned to the Birchbank B&B Bike hire, bike store by 10pm on the day prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged. The hirer is responsible for the safe return of the bicycle to the Bike Store at the end of the rental period. Failure to return the bicycle may result in additional hire charges being levied.
- Helmets must be worn at all times and bikes must be locked whenever unattended. Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an individual who is over 16. Cycle helmets are provided free of charge and all cyclists must to use them.
- Cycles should be locked to a permanent fixture whenever left unattended. The method of securing should include the front wheel and the frame. Theft of an unlocked bicycle will be the responsibility of the hirer and will be subject to a charge to cover the replacement of the bicycle and its accessories.
- Birchbank B&B Bike Hire reserves the right not to hire equipment to an individual for whatever reason.
- We reserve the right to charge for repairs and if necessary replacements.
- The hirer will not undertake any manoeuvre which is beyond their level of skill or outside the bikes capability.
- The hirer must be in good health and their eyesight is up to the standard required for a road driving test. They must not be suffering from any medical conditions or disability which is likely to adversely affect our normal control of the bicycle
- In the event of a mechanical failure, other than punctures, where the hirer is unable to return the bike to the property please secure the bike and contact Alin on (0044)07740574777 who will endeavour to rescue the bicycle(s).
- In the event of damage or mechanical failure please contact Alin as soon as practicable who will endeavour to rectify the matter. Should the matter not be resolved and a replacement bike not available you may elect to return all bikes and receive a refund minus £9 per bike for the remaining days of the hire period